Subscribe to the newsletter and get updates on news & events
- May limit the risk or liability of Max Mabuti or a third party;
- May create risk or liability for the user;
- May compel the user to indemnify Max Mabuti or a third party; and/or
- Serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
- “Personal Information”, and “process/processing” bear the same meanings as set out in POPI.
- “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Max Mabuti.
- “you” and “your” refers to every person that accesses or uses our Platforms also referred to as a user.
- “registered user(s)” refers to anyone registered on our Platforms and has provided us with a unique username and password as well as other Personal Information in order to order goods on our Platforms.
IF YOU ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 18
If you are below the age of 18 years, you must always get permission from your parent or guardian before you use our Platforms or give us your Personal Information. We may check that your parent or guardian has given you such permission, for example by asking you to provide us with your parent’s or guardian’s contact details so we can contact them. We may also check that the contact details you have given us are correct and are the details of a person who is actually your parent or guardian. If we are not able to verify such permission or if a parent or guardian confirms that you do not have their permission, you may not use our Platforms.
The data we collect about you
We collect your personal data in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following different kinds of personal data about you:
- Information you provide to us: We receive and store the information you provide to us including your identity data, contact data, delivery address and financial data.
- Information on your use of our website and/or mobile applications: We automatically collect and store certain types of information regarding your use of the Max Mabuti including information about your searches, views, downloads and purchases.
- Information from third parties and publicly available sources: We may receive information about you from third parties including our carriers; payment service providers; merchants/brands; and advertising service providers.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree.
- Recognising and counting the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it (this helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for).
- Identifying your preferences and subscriptions e.g. language settings, saved items and items stored in your basket; and
- Sending you newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your interests.
Our approved third parties may also set cookies when you use our Website. Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks and advertising companies.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services that we offer, including the following:
- Registering you as a new customer.
- Processing and delivering your orders.
- Managing your relationship with us
- Enabling you to participate in promotions, competitions and surveys
- Improving our website, applications, products and services
- Recommending/advertising products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Complying with our legal obligations, including verifying your identity where necessary.
- Detecting fraud.
How we share your personal data
We may need to share your personal data with third parties for the following purposes:
- Sale of products and services: In order to deliver your products and services purchased on our Website from third parties, we may be required to provide your personal data to such third parties.
- Working with third party service providers: We engage third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information may be transferred together with other business assets.
- Detecting fraud and abuse: We release account and other personal data to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and to comply with the law.
When we share your personal data with third parties we only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
We may transfer your personal data to locations in another country, if this is permissible pursuant to applicable laws in your location. There are inherent risks in such transfers.
In the event of international transfers of your personal data, we shall put in place measures necessary to protect your data, and we shall continue to respect your legal rights pursuant to the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Notice and applicable laws in your location.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Your legal rights
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to access, correct or erase your personal data, object to or restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org